Friday, May 20, 2011
Stylish Blogger Award
I was nominated for a Stylish Blogger Award by a very talented and creative individual I met via Urban Scrapbook, Roxanne (check her blog out at Projects with all my Heart). It was such a nice surprise, as the other day I had logged in to publish a comment, only to discover that there was another unread comment! It is so nice to a) know that there are people out there following me, b) find what I do to be inspiring, and c) find what I have to say interesting enough to read through it! I definitely feel honoured and humbled to be recognized for my blog, especially since the recognition came from someone who is such an inspiration herself!
So, after receiving the Stylish Blogger Award, I am supposed to do the following:
- Thank the person from whom I received the award and give a link back to her blog (check mark!)
- Share 8 things about myself (in no particular order).
1. Photography is my first love - I tend to live behind the lens attempting to capture all the special moments that occur in my everyday life. I graduated from a point and shoot to a dSLR back in 2009 and since then have been learning all that I can when I can in my ongoing pursuit of bettering myself creatively.
2. Scrapbooking is my second hobby - I started in October of 2009 after a few years of looking through my friend Becky's amazing scrapbooks and wishing I could do that. I always limited myself because I figured the initial investment was too high...ironically, when I did jump into it, it was like jumping off the Empire State building. I figured I had to have just about every tool out there, so I ended up buying most of the supplies an intermediate scrapbooker would have. Thankfully, it didn't turn into a personal fad as I continue to love it today. It's a different creative outlet.
3. What I have also discovered with my growing scrapbooking skills (and arsenal of tools) is that they allow me to do so many other things!! Hence I ventured into cardmaking, and am excited as decor and parties now take on such a different meaning! Then, when all is said and done, I can capture it all!! It is truly a blessing in disguise. :D Even something as simple as making cupcakes for a friend/family member...which once would be sent along its merry way in a tinfoil wrap or tupperware of sorts, now can be contained in its own little handmade box complete with ribbon, etc. Exciting right? It is for me!
4. Joe and I met in 1999 - when we were both 19 (I just aged us I know). We started dating in 2001, engaged in 2008, and were married in 2010. Our friendship and relationship has grown since those early days and continues to grow and flourish before us. It is a wonderful feeling to have married your best friend and to know that he will be beside me throughout our lives. No one knows me like Joe knows me.
5. I believe in love at first sight. This rings no truer (is that proper english even?) than the moment I met my son, Tristan, face to face.
6. I love shopping - it really doesn't matter what for. I can spend just as many hours at the grocery store as I can shopping at the mall.
7. I believe relationships and friendships are a two-way street, both parties need to work at it in order for the friendship/relationship to flourish and grow. To that end, I cherish the majority of my friendships/relationships and strive to do what I can to let those people know how special they are to me.
8. I don't watch a lot of TV. My time is spent on the computer - photography, scrapbooking, shopping, catching up on blogs, posting on my blog, etc. When I do watch TV, it's usually reality shows (I'm a sucker for them!).
Phewf! Are you still awake? :p
- Pass the award onto other individuals that have amazing and inspirational blogs - the sky's the limit - and leave them a comment so that they can pass along the recognition.
I follow so many blogs that this was a difficult decision...but definitely check these talented and inspiring people out (in no particular order)!
* Jaana and Kia at Happy Snappy
* i heart baking
* Tosh of Natasha Dixon Photography
* Hostess with the Mostess
* Krystal of Blue Ribbon Studios
* Little Lovely
* Jody of Creative Authority
* Cassie at Hi Sugarplum
* Chris at Just a Girl
Hope your long weekend was enjoyable! xox M